Registration is open!
|Early Bird||85 € incl. VAT||15 tickets available until 2023-03-13 - use code EARLYBIRD in the field for voucher code during checkout|
|Normal||110 € incl. VAT||Normal conference attendance|
|Community Sponsor||175 € incl. VAT||For anyone who wants to support PostgreSQL a little extra|
|Student||60 € incl. VAT||For anyone enrolled in an education program with a valid and current Student ID|
The registration fee depends on the type of registration. It must be paid in advance using one of the approved methods. Please verify that your payment has been received within one week of paying it (by checking the status on the registration form), and contact us if it hasn't.
Once your registration and payment have been confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email which also contains the ticket. The email is sent from email@example.com so make sure to add it to your contacts list to avoid it reaching your spam folder.
You can pay using Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa or American Express), PayPal, Trustly or IBAN bank transfer. If you have a company department making the payments, please see the section on paying somebody else's invoice. If you plan to register many attendees to be paid for by the same person, please see the section on Registering for somebody else.
We have had multiple requests for a more expensive ticket which sponsors the community (sometimes called Business ticket), so we have added one for you. The ticket does not include anything not in a Normal ticket, except perhaps a warm fuzzy feeling. The proceeds from the Community Sponsor tickets will go towards funding the conference, and any money not spent will automatically belong to PostgreSQL Europe.
We accept more or less all full-time, as well as part-time, enrolments which can be proven with a valid and current student identification, or some similar proof of enrolment. If you are unsure if you qualify for a student ticket, contact us and we will give a definitive answer.
Upon successful registration, you will be issued a PDF ticket which you need to bring to the event either printed or on a device of your choice. Present the ticket at the registration desk for your badge and access to the event.
Included in all registrations is access to all sessions, lunch, two catered coffee breaks and (almost) all the coffee you can drink in a day.
Invoices and receipts
When you have filled our your details in the registration form, an invoice will be automatically generated for you. An invoice is generated regardless of which payment method you choose. Once an invoice has been generated, it can no longer be changed, so make sure you validate that it has any required company information on it. If it is incorrect, you can cancel the invoice, change the details and generate a new one. Note that once an invoice has been paid, it can no longer be cancelled or changed in any way.
Once your payment has completed, you will receive a PDF copy of your receipt using email, and it will also be available for download on the registration page. This normally only takes a few minutes after your payment has completed, but it is not sent until the process is complete so in particular with some slow payment methods such as bank transfer, there may be a significant delay.
Paying with bank transfer
We generally recommend using one of the online payment methods available (Credit Card, Trustly or PayPal) as these payments complete immediately and have a fully automated workflow that makes it much harder for mistakes to happen. If necessary we do have the ability to accept payments using IBAN bank transfers. Note that this method of payment will be automatically disabled if the event is close to selling out, or if the waitlist has activated, due to the unpredictable delays of such payments.
- The payment reference provided on the invoice or on the payment page must be entered correctly on the transfer. In particular, the payment reference must be used, and not the invoice number.
- Payment must be made in exact amount of Euros. If you are making the payment from outside the Euro zone, make sure that your bank submits the exact Euro amount, with no rounding. If the amount is incorrect, the payment will not be processed.
- Payment must be completed by the deadline listed on the invoice. This means it must have reached our bank account with the correct payment information. Always make sure the invoice is paid immediately, to allow for the many delays in the banking system. If the payment arrives after the invoice has been cancelled due to late payment, it will not be processed and the registration will not be confirmed.
PostgreSQL Europe, which is the entity handling our payments, is since 2016 VAT registered in France. All registrations will include 18% Maltese VAT. For more information about VAT on our invoices, please see the PostgreSQL Europe VAT FAQ.
If you need to cancel your registration after you have paid, please contact us for manual handling. The refund we can offer depends on when you cancel so please cancel as soon as you know you won't be able to make it to the event. The available refund levels are:
- If you cancel on or before 2023-03-15 (4 weeks before the conference), we will refund you the full cost of the registration, minus a fee of 20 € covering transaction fees and administration.
- If you cancel on or before 2023-03-29 (2 weeks before the conference), we will refund you 50% of the cost of the registration, minus a fee of 20 € covering transaction fees and administration.
- If you cancel on or before 2023-04-05 (1 week before the conference) we will refund you 25% of the cost of the registration, minus a fee of 20 € covering transaction fees and administration.
- If you cancel on or after 2023-04-06 (less than 1 week before the conference), we will unfortunately not be able to provide a refund.
Registration is personal, and there is no facility for transferring it. We do however allow a registration to be transferred to another individual within the same organisation when there is a legitimate reason which prevents participation. The transfer carries an administrative charge of 20 €. Contact us for assistance with transferring an existing, and paid for, registration.
Registering for somebody else
If you want to make a registration for somebody else (one or more people, such as registering a group of people from the same company), you can use the "register for somebody else" functionality. You will find the link in the registration area, once you logged in with your personal account. Fill out the individual registration forms for each of the persons you want to register, and then generate a shared invoice for all of them. Note that this shared invoice must be paid under the same terms as any other invoice, using the same payment methods and deadlines.
If the attendee being registered already has a community account in the system, the registration will be automatically attached to that account. The account is matched by comparing the email address. If they do not have an account, they will receive an email with instructions for how to create one and attach the registration, should they wish (account creation is not mandatory, but it is recommended in order to be able to access all features).
Paying somebody else's invoice
If you need to make a registration where somebody else (such as a company finance department) makes the payment, this is of course also possible. In this scenario, make sure that you follow this process:
- The person attending the conference makes and completes the registration form logged in using their personal account.
- Once the registration details are filled out, proceed to generate the invoice for the registration.
- Once the invoice is generated, there will be a field at the bottom of the invoice specification labelled External link. This link should be sent to the person paying the invoice.
- The person paying the invoice can then access the invoice using this link without logging in, and proceed to make the payment using any of the payment methods listed above.
Buying vouchers for others
Finally, you can also buy a set of vouchers to be given to others. In this case you buy a fixed number of tickets, and receive codes that can be used for free registration using them. Vouchers can only be used for main conference access (no training, though training can be independently added to the ticket later), and no refund is provided for unused vouchers.
If you are interested in purchasing vouchers, please contact us for instructions on how to proceed.
If you have any questions at all regarding registration or payments, don't hesitate to contact us.